Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My favorite free crochet patterns: Cotton Hand Towel

I am in the process of redecorating my sons' bathroom so that it is a little more grown up. I found this fantanstic shower curtain at Target. It doesn't come with coordinating towels or bathmats so I decided to make mine own.

Because of all the bright colors in the shower curtain I chose neutral accessories. I had some brown cotton yarn left over from another project and decided to make a hand towel using this super easy pattern (it's the one for the striped cotton dishtowel but I made mine all one color so it doesn't have a stripe). I was worried that a crocheted towel would be too bulky, but this one isn't. I don't know if I did something wrong, but my towel was already 24" long by the time I got to Row 88, so I went back and ripped out 11 rows (i.e., I only made Rows 13-77) then followed the rest of the pattern from Row 89 on. I also didn't do Round 2 of the edging.

And I have an awesome idea for a bath mat ... more on that to follow soon!

5 comments:

Creative Design said...

Thanks for the great pattern! Can't wait to see the bath mat!

Sheila

Lois Evensen said...

Very nice. Cotton is always so useful at home.

Annemette said...

It looks really great, but I can't find the pattern, could you tell me where it is? thanks (:

Anna said...

It is the third pattern listed on the page for the striped cotton towel (in the photo it's off-white with a brown stripe). I hope that helps :)

Annemette said...

Thanks :D that helped alot.. I really look forward to making one