Friday, March 18, 2011

Number Towel Hooks


Now that we are expecting our third child I needed to add another towel hook in the bathroom. Okay, so I know that is not the first thing you think of when expecting a new baby but we're in the process of redecorating the boys' bathroom anyway :)

I really wanted these cute towel hooks from Pottery Barn Kids but I couldn't bring myself to spend $30 plus tax plus shipping on hooks (and they've since sold out anyway). So instead I bought some wood numbers from my local craft store and some wood pegs. My husband attached the pegs to the bottom center of each number and then I painted them. In hindsight, it would have been better to spray paint them, but it is freezing here and I can't spray paint in the house! The wood isn't very good quality so I had to sand some rough areas and you have to be very careful drilling into it or you will split the wood. For a few bucks I think the towel hooks turned out kinda cute :)

4 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, very nice and much more valuable now that you have something that you made yourself. :)

glor said...

I think they really cute and what a great idea. Congrats on number three.

Melissa said...

Love the idea. Very cute! Congrats on #3.

Bill Julie Arbuckle said...

congrats! Thanks for all the cool patterns and stuff! You've inspired me to set aside the knitting needles a little more often to pick up the hook!